A. CONTEST THEME
In line with the World Day of Architecture and in cooperation of Museo Ning Angeles, the Makati
Chapter launches a photography competition with a theme “Love CULTURE, Love ARCHITECTURE”
This competition aims to promote the historical destinations and gastronomic pleasures around
Pampanga. Here we not only see the sights and feel the culture but also increase our awareness for our
country’s architectural treasures. With the unfortunate series of events in the Visayas and Mindanao
region our tour is a symbolic tribute that now is the time to show support and save our existing
B. CONTEST DURATION
The Makati Chapter will start accepting entries via print outs and online submission at the official Makati
Chapter email (email@example.com) from November 11, 2013 until November 15, 2013.
1. She/he must be a registered participant of the tour.
D. SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
1. Each participant is allowed to submit 2 entries
2. Entries must be in full color or black & white
3. All entries can be submitted thru a category of Pampanga’s cuisine or historical structure
4. The contestant must submit a fully completed Entry Form. It can be downloaded thru Makati
Chapter official website http://www.uapmakati.wordpress.com or Makati Chapter’s Facebook Page
5. Deadline for the submission of entries is on November 15, 2013. All the entries shall be sent by
regular mail, courier or delivered in person to the following address:
Arch. Jose Ricky L. Martinez
President, UAP Makati Chapter
2119 Unit G. Urdaneta Village,
Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City
Mobile no. 0905-432-4775;
E. PHOTOGRAPH/IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
1. Do not put any identifying watermark or copyright anywhere in the image.
2. Images must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and at least having a pixel dimension of
1632 x 1224
3. The photograph can be taken using point and shoot cameras or SLR/DSLR Cameras.
4. The print dimension should be 8.5” x 11”
5. Photographs that are digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes are disqualified. Only
minor adjustments in the color, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalence are acceptable.
The entries shall be judged based on the following criteria:
1. Adherence to the theme/Content 25%
2. Creativity 25%
3. Photographic Quality 25%
4. Visual Impact 25%
All entries will be judged thru the following:
1. Past President of UAP-Makati Chapter
2. 2 Representatives from Architects Photography Club of the Philippines
Judging will be discussed behind closed doors on 19 November 2013. The decisions of the judges are
final and binding in all respects. The jury has the right not to award any prize if the requirement and
guidelines of the contest has not been met.
Winners shall be awarded in the following corresponding categories:
Grand Prize Php 5,000.00 and Certificate
2nd Prize 3,000.00 and Certificate
3rd Prize 2,000.00 and Certificate
H. LICENSE AND DISTRIBUTION
The organizers will not use the photographs submitted until the end of the contest. In relation to
selected entries, their creators accept to cede for free their copyright and representation rights to the
United Architects of the Philippines- Makati Chapter for any of the following:
1. Touring exhibition of the photographs.
2. Potential publication of a coffee table book intended for sale in major bookstores.
The participants’ photographs become the property of United Architects of the Philippines -
Makati Chapter upon submission and will be added to the photo collection created for this
purpose. The selected set of photographs will be exhibited in December 2013 during the
National Architecture Week.
I. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
By entering the contest, the entrant guarantees that the submitted set of photographs is an original
work created solely by the entrant, that the photographs do not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks,
moral rights, rights of privacy/ publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that
no other party has the right, title, claim, or interest in the photographs. The entrant must possess all the
necessary authorizations for all types of use described in the rules. In case of a third party complaint, of
whatever nature, the sole responsibility will be the entrant’s.
J. ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
Participation in the contest indicates complete acceptance of the contest rules set forth herein, and
relinquishing claims of any kind against the organizers or their representatives. The committee retains
the right to interrupt, cancel, postpone and/ or modify the event and rules at any time after notification
by all appropriate means according to the circumstances, unless it is impossible to do so.
Queries regarding the competition can be addressed through the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to queries shall be posted on the Chapter’s Website
(www.uapmakati.wordpress.com) and Facebook page (United Architects of the Philippines, Makati